HOW TO APPLY: RESPONDERS/VOLUNTEERS
WHAT YOU NEED TO ENROLL AS A RESPONDER:
In addition to the application form you will need copies of documents that show both your work location in the affected area, and the time period you were there.
Please provide copies of documents that show all of these things:
- Work or volunteer activity at the former World Trade Center site(s),
- Location at the former World Trade Center site(s), and
- The time period that you were working or volunteering at the site(s).
Examples of acceptable supporting documentation include copies of:
- A letter from your employer, union or volunteer organization stating that you participated in WTC-related activities on or after September 11, 2001
- A memo book for New York City police officers, including a copy of the cover page, that documents the times and hours worked at World Trade Center site(s)
- An award or letter given by the local, state, or national government, including military awards or letters that commend your WTC activities
- A letter from the Workers Compensation Board that reports a paid and/or active workers compensation claim for your World Trade Center activities
- Timesheets or overtime reports that show the day(s), hours worked, and location(s) of World Trade Center activities
If you cannot get copies of these supporting documents, please write a short report and send it in with your form. In the report explain:
- How you tried to find documentation
- Why you cannot include the documentation with your application
You can also submit a third party or personal attestation letter describing your work or volunteer activity at the World Trade Center site(s) including your work location and the time period that you were working or volunteering at the site.
Completed application (first 5 pages) with documentation can be submitted by fax or mail.
Fax to 877-646-5308
or mail to:
World Trade Center Health Program
PO Box 7000
Rensselaer, NY 12144
If you have any questions regarding submission, call the WTCHP at 888-882-4748.
CLICK HERE FOR RESPONDER APPLICATION
CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE